Monday, June 17, 2013

Costume: Arcee 2.0

Third times the charm? Right? The plan was to just use my pattern from Arcee 1.0 and replace the broadcloth with jersey this go... But then I started staring at my worn pictures next to official art...

user posted image

I really wasn't happy with how she looked or how she wore. The only pattern bits I kept where the back kibble (changed up the attachment system) and parts of the helm. I also reused the mask from Arcee 1.0 partly because I thought that turned out really well and partly because I liked the idea of have part of old Arcee with my new Arcee.
Here's the design sketches, not much but she's a fairly straightforward costume.

All in all I'm really happy with how she turned out, I slightly messed up on the fitting in the shoulders but it's hardly noticeable. I think the only thing I'll end up changing on her is the pink stripes on her helm, I didn't realize how 90 degree angle they look in photos since they're supposed to be at a different angle.

She's really comfortable to wear though, the shoes tire my feet out a bit (five inch platform wedges that are a size to big do that) but I can get in and out all by myself and move about without a spotter which I enjoy. I've also gotten better at posing. :D

Series: Transformers: Animated
Construction Time: 3 months
Cost: $137.31
Primary Materials: Rayon/Lycra, craft foam, foam board and hot glue. Full Log
Debut: Botcon 2012
Final Appearance: Still in Rotation

No comments:

Post a Comment