Thursday, March 27, 2014

Closet Costume: Kurashita Tsukimi (Princess Jellyfish

So a few days before a convention a friend mentioned how they were going to do a Princess Jellyfish group and had a Banba, a Mayaya and a Kuranosuke and may have implied I'd make a good Tsukimi. So I thought about it and realized I have a kimono and obi that look rather like the ones Chieko lends Tsukimi and I have a wig and clip in ponytail from my lolita-ing that could masquerade as her hair and well what do you know suddenly I've got a Tsukimi outfit.


This one specifically.
It's not a perfect match, there's a distinct lack of green in my outfit and my kimono had a fall/maple motif instead of roses but for all of an hour of deciding between accessories and a grand cost of free I'd say it was pretty good. And it meant I got to wear that kimono that I haven't worn since high school again which is nice.


It also meant I got to derp around with some pretty fun people (though technically I also did a closet Jiji cosplay but I plan on ramping that one up for either A-kon or San Japan). I just wish I would have remembered to put her ponytail on the right side and that I'd have used more blush.

Series: Princess Jellyfish
Construction Time: 1 hour
Cost: Free
Materials and Construction: Wig/Clip in ponytail, Vintage Kimono, Handmade Juban, Handmade Haneri, Vintage Obiage, Vintage Obi, Vintage Obijime, Tabi Socks and Vintage Zori.
Debut: March 2014
Final Appearance: Still in Rotation

No comments:

Post a Comment