Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Costume: Schwarz Bruder (G Gundam)


The costume that I've literally been meaning to make for 10 years. And now I did it. I've actually bought the materials three times over but would toss them out before a move or use them for something else. I've had the materials I actually used laying around for two or three years.


I used some left over spandex from the shirt and glove I made for Natsume's Origami Cyclone so I used that and some upholstery foam to bust out a rough fake dude chest. Then once I had that I draped the coat and got to sewing. The boots, pants and silk scarf I happened to already have in my closet (those are some of the slacks I wear to work). I still need to do the shoulder armor though.



Cost
Amount
Item
Store
$.97
1
Yellow paint
Joann’s
$4.97
1
Belt Buckle
Joann’s
$1.00
1
Gold dots
Joann’s
$3.49
1
12” zip
Joann’s
$8.11
2/3yd
½” upholstery foam
Joann’s
$3.05
3 sheet
Craft foam for mask
Hobby Lobby
$1.39
1 pack
Red piping
Hancock
$3.90
1/2yd
Red Twill
Hancock
$1.68
1 can
Spray paint gold
Walmart
$6.97
1
Raglan shoulder pads

$13.98
2yd
Charcoal bengaline
Joann’s
$7.18
2yd
Sunflower lining
Joann’s
$61.37



No comments:

Post a Comment