Thursday, November 20, 2014

Costume: Lolita!Reeve Tuesti (Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus


Reeve is my favorite FF guy. Like out of all of them. It's him. I know it's stupid but like out of everyone from FF7 at least he's the closest to normal, not forever brooding, actually a contributing member of society that we get. Also cat robots.

I bought the blue material for a steal in July intending to make Reeve's actual coat eventually which is normally the kiss of death for actually completing a project. But winter rolled around and I wasn't feeling my then go to winter coat any more (a wool coat that has had a long, storied life even before me) so I decided why mot make that Reeve coat? And I could make it suited to lolita so I could have a coat to wear with my lolita~! And that's literally how this came to be. I use it more as an everyday coat than a cosplay item honestly but it's still fun to have.

Series: Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus
Construction Time: ~1 week
Cost: $54.35
Materials:
$40.17 Medieval blue 100% wool
$4.86 Grey dual sep zip
$4.32 Bias tape maker
$5.00 5 yd bolt of lining
On hand:
Wig
Gear charms
Snaps
Grey fabric (left over from Siren lolita)
Thread
Socks
Shoes
Dress
Buttons
Hair clip
Cait Sith plush
Debut: Ikkicon 2012
Final Appearance: Still in Rotation

2 comments: